Hey Thomas,
Come and join us!
But why are you like that?
We've seen him
Its amazing
He really has come back!
Don't you believe? Doubting Thomas.
Oh Yeah, I believe.
I believe in what I can see;
And I saw him die and I saw him bleed!
You've all seen a ghost, or shared the same dream,
But I just see pain, where love should have been.
Like I said, I believe in what I can see,
And these are the things that make up my reality:
Expanding population, third world debt
Exploitation, high rise isolation
Domestic strife, child labour and prostitution.
Concrete, Cars, litter and pollution
fat politicians and war the only solution.
Neglect, abuse and drug use
Unemployment, kids living off refuse.
These are the wounds that the world has to feel
So unless I can see them, I wont believe that he's real.
Yes Thomas
You're right
I suffered the cross
And just like you felt the pain and the loss
See the marks of rebellion still open and raw
Come touch them and know me
Be doubting no more
My Lord and my God!
You really have come
The world without hope left me cold and so numb
Yes faithful Thomas
You were right to be sad
But now that you've seen me
Believe and be glad!
Joe Morriss
Easter 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment