A fleeting glance
Caught in the mirror. Movement stilled and a faint glimmer
Of light. Deep in the night
I trace the lines which spell no name
Describe no place but all we ever were
Is there in technicolour detail
I didn't forget
One
Single
Thought
Deep in the night hours
A gentle breath sustains me
All that restrains is left loose and scattered
Everyday tasks await the dawn and for now
All is calm
All that we had was ours
I never can deny the face in the mirror
Eyes that must be looked at
A mouth which must speak
A path through the desert
A myth of recollection
I trace those lines again
To be sure nothing was missed
They tell the same story
Over and again
Do you think along the same lines?
Do you ever tell yourself the story of your life
In the night?
Do you call out for company
Do you long for a wild path midst desert and ocean
Fall into a trance
Glance in the mirror
Trace the lines behind the glimmer
Of light
Deep in the night
Arabian night.
No comments:
Post a Comment