Total Pageviews

Friday, 15 September 2017

Crossing that bridge

Turgid water and the spume over rocks flies face up to the sun, sparkling in droplets into the verdant banks

My thoughts race and I follow the stream , ankle deep the cold numbing my sense of touch. Feeling Rock bottom feeling the rush.

The stream is trout deep and dappled by the shingle . It crawls to its edge to lap gently . My pace slows and I feel the tug of the still eager current.

Skin tingles. The shadows mingle . The canopy above filters sunlit  chlorophyll. And I'm at peace. Thoughts stillled

Stones disturb the flow and give voice to the water which fills, the silence. I collect my muse and give voice. My heart spills over the gurgling rills.

The bridge is reached and reaches the span.

Only a whisper is heard in the trees as the surface of the stream responds to a soft breeze. I breathe.

A place to stop. To think . To express. To move on from here. Leave the current and the winding course of imagination and find solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment