When I was still my Father’s son,
I would laugh And run Play in the sun When I was still my Father's son I would do all the things That could be done And it never used to spoil My fun Even if shoelaces Came undone Now I sit And watch them play And remind them all, “Never waste a day’. To laugh and sing, Come what may. That happiness, Truly, Is here to stay. And then I turn From the laughing sun To the the misty sea And the waves that come I softly hear, His comforting words “Away now , leave me” Your life’s begun. And then I know That where I am Although it's far From my native land Is firmly held within my hand And I am still my father’s son. Joseph Morriss Playa de la reunión. Laredo. 23rd June 2024
________________________________

No comments:
Post a Comment